Warning: Undefined array key 6 in /customers/0/2/4/skisprungschanzen.com/httpd.www/source/address.php on line 199 Hot Sulphur Springs  »  Ski Jumping Hill Archive  »  skisprungschanzen.com

Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-07-16

USA-MEWaterville   NEW!

USA-MIMunising   NEW!

USA-MIIronwood

USA-AKFort Greely

USA-SDDeadwood

FIN-LLPatokoski   NEW!

FIN-LLRovaniemi   NEW!

FIN-ISMikkeli

FIN-ISSavonlinna   NEW!

FIN-OLYlivieska   NEW!

FIN-LSAlajärvi

FIN-LSJyväskylä   NEW!

FIN-LSJyväskylä

FIN-LSKorpilahti   NEW!

FIN-LSKeuruu

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-COHot Sulphur Springs

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Bungalow Hill:

K-Point: 35 m
Men Winter Hill record: 36.3 m (119 ft) (Carl Howelsen USA, 1913-02-02)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1911
Operating until: ca. 1935
Year of destruction: 1983
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Hot Sulphur Springs Winter Sports Club
Coordinates: 40.072120, -106.107703 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

At the end of 1911, Colorado's first ski jump was built on the northeast slope of Bungalow Hill in Hot Sulphur Springs. The builders and first jumpers during the winter carnival organized by John Peyer on December 30th and 31st, 1911 were the Norwegians Angell Schmidt and Carl Howelsen, who later established the famous ski jump in Steamboat Springs and was a major driving force for ski jumping in Colorado. Howelsen made the longest jump with 79 feet (24 meters). At the winter carnival in February 193, he even reached 119 feet (36.3 m).
Bungalow Hill with its ski jump was the main skiing site in the area until the 1930s, before Mount Bross was opened up for winter sports. It was not until 1983 that the remains of the Bungalow Hill ski jump are said to have been removed.

to top

Hill records K35 (Men):

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com