Warning: Undefined array key 6 in /customers/0/2/4/skisprungschanzen.com/httpd.www/source/address.php on line 199 Schmelz, Lam  »  Ski Jumping Hill Archive  »  skisprungschanzen.com

Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2025-04-05

POL-BBiałystok

2025-04-04

SLOBled

NOR-07Sandefjord   NEW!

POL-NWilkasy

NOR-15Sykkylven   NEW!

NOR-42Konsmo

NOR-06Tranby

NOR-07Kvelde   NEW!

NOR-07Stavern   NEW!

NOR-50Melhus   NEW!

2025-04-03

NOR-34Gran   NEW!

NOR-06Mjøndalen   NEW!

NOR-50Sona   NEW!

POL-NWęgorzewo

AUT-KRadenthein   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYLam

Schmelz

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Ostmarkschanze (Osserschanze):

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 39.0 m ( Lindson NOR, 1935-02-10)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Spectator capacity: 2,500
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1969
Operating until: 1973
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SpVgg Lam, WSV Schmelz
Coordinates: 49.212100, 13.038930 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

On February 10, 1935 the new ski jumping hill which got the name "Bayerische Ostmarkschanze" was opened with 2,000 spectators. At this occasion Norway’s Lindson jumped onto the first hill record of 39 m. In 1969 the "Osserschanze" at Schmelz was converted and renwed.
The final competition took place in 1973. Afterwards, the ski jump was closed due to safety reasons, after a jumper collided with a pedestrian in the outrun, which crossed a street.
In the 1980’s, Sepp Mühlbauer reanimated ski jumping at Lam. "Schlepp" himself, how his friends call him, was a enthusiastic ski jumper. He built together with some supporters the "Stierbergschanze" in the village Schmelz, belonging to Lam.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2025
www.skijumpinghills.com