Recent news:

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

Spectacular new complex in Shchuchinsk inaugurated

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2018-10-18

ITATarvisio

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

GER-THBad Tabarz

2018-10-17

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-HNová Paka

CZE-LLiberec

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

FIN-ESMaalahti   NEW!

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

UKRKremenets

CZE-SMiličín

2018-10-16

GER-THOberhof

CZE-LKopanina

CZE-UJiřetín pod Jedlovou

2018-10-15

CZE-LJilemnice

more



Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-MIIshpeming

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Suicide Hill:

Hill Size: HS 96
K-Point: 90 m
Men Winter Hill record: 102.0 m (Ferdinand Bader GER, 2003-03-02, COC)
Ladies Winter Hill record: 67.0 m (Karla Keck USA, 1999-03-07)
Take-off angle: 11.5°
Landing angle: 36.5°
Plastic matting: no
Hill Size: HS 66
K-Point: 60 m
Men Winter Hill record: 69.5 m (Adam Loomis USA, 2008-03-01)
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1925
Further jumps: K40, K20, K13
Status: operating
Plastic matting: yes
Ski club: Ishpeming Ski Club

to top

History:

Before Suicide Hill jump was built, different areas and jumps were used for ski jumping. The first tournament in Ishpeming took place on February 25th 1882. Since 1887 the annual competition has taken place every year. In the following years ski jumps were constructed with snow and wood. Since people wanted to jump even longer, the facilities became more and more dangerous. People were looking for larger hills and consequently Suicide Hill was opened on February 26 th 1926. The jump got its name when Walter Anderson was injured in 1926 after a fall. First the new name which was created by a local journalist was not so popular at the ski club, but then it rested up until today.
In 1972 the ski jump was renovated and enlarged, the other youth jumps were constructed step by step. K40 and K13 were covered with plastic mattings in 2009.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
1)   Frank Keil   wrote on 2017-12-04 at 02:48:

Do you have an event scheduled for this winter 2017/2018? If so, when?
Thnx

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com